Friday, June 4, 2021
PORTFOLIO SALES AND SERVICE:
George Morris • Chris Thompson • Sean Doherty • Kevin Doyle • Mark Tranckino
Jeff Goble • Nicole Burczyk • Natalie Regan • Aaron Stoffer • David Farris • Lonnie Harris
Brian Schaff • Josh Kiefer • Robert Schuyler • Tom Toburen • Aaron Hemphill
|US Treasury Market|
|Date||1 mo||3 mo||6 mo||1 yr||2 yr||3 yr||5 yr||7 yr||10 yr||20 yr||30 yr|
Subject: Life Insurance beneficiary checklist
Wheatland Advisors assist community banks and financial advisors in serving their clients life insurance needs. We seek to take the focus from selling a product to education and service. One example is to educate a policy’s beneficiary on the next steps in the event they experience a difficult loss.
- Find official documents (will, trust, Social Security card). The will/trust should identify the person who’ll most likely handle many of the tasks listed below.
- Work with a funeral director to make funeral or memorial service arrangements.
- Order multiple copies of the death certificate to use with filing claims and other matters.
- Gather information about bank accounts, retirement plans, brokerage accounts, mutual funds, stocks, annuities, and real estate.
- Locate any safe deposit boxes, and keys that may house vital information and/or instructions.
- Contact the attorney.
- Contact Social Security Administration
- Notify your loved one’s employer to arrange for benefits due to the beneficiaries.
- Notify all insurance companies so they can send you claim forms and instructions.
- Update the name on property titles, insurance policies, and bank accounts.
- Locate credit cards, to cancel, official documents, (such as income tax returns, and passport) and bills to be paid.
- Notify an accountant/tax preparer, financial professional, banker and any organization your loved belonged to.
If you are currently helping your clients and their life insurance needs or you want to start, reach out to me and let’s discuss the many ways you can help Protect Families and Provide for the Next Generation through the proper use of life insurance.
*Information source-How to navigate a challenging time. Principal
This information is intended for institutional investors only. The material provided in this document/presentation is for informational purposes only and is intended solely for private use. Past performance is not indicative of future results. This material is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instruments.
•Not FDIC Insured •No Bank Guarantee •May Lose Value